Guidance when walking to and from the Par 2 Course & from the 9th Green
GUIDANCE WHEN WALKING TO AND FROM THE PAR 3 COURSE
AND FROM THE 9TH GREEN
As you know, the access route to and from the Wirral Way via the back of the 12th green has been fenced off for safety and security reasons.
Consequently, members wishing to use the Par 3 course or lower course practice facilities, or finishing their round on the 9th green, should choose what they consider to be the most appropriate and safest route to or from these areas depending on golf course activity at the time.
However, the following routes are recommended:
Route FROM the Par 3 course, practice area adjacent to the 5th fairway and the 9th green
- Cross the Wirral Way and enter the course via the gate between the 11th green and the 12th tee
- Walk along the left-hand side of the 12th fairway and then behind the driving range bays to the main car park
- However, before proceeding, wait for any golfers on the 12th tee to play their tee shot, and then when it is safe to do so walk up behind them keeping to the left-hand side of the fairway
Route TO the Par 3 course, and practice area adjacent to the 5th fairway
- When it is safe to do so, walk down the left of the 1st fairway and then 2nd fairway to the blue-staked public footpath that crosses the course
- Ensure you walk behind golfers playing the 1st and 2nd holes
- Turn right and cross the course on the blue-staked public footpath to the Wirral Way
- Cross the Wirral Way and continue along the blue-staked public footpath, being mindful of golfers playing from the 10th tee, until you reach the Par 3 course/practice area
Please remember to always give way to golfers on the course.
CHAIR OF GOLF
30th July 2021