PLAY SAFE – STAY SAFE GUIDANCE FOR MEMBERS (EFFECTIVE 2ND DECEMBER 2020)
PLAY SAFE – STAY SAFE – REVISED GUIDANCE
(EFFECTIVE 2nd DECEMBER 2020)
Please find attached a revised copy of our Play Safe – Stay Safe Guidance for members – effective from today, 2nd December.
It includes a number of amendments to, and therefore supersedes, our previous guidance (issued on 14th October) following changes to government requirements, in particular the classification of the Wirral as a Tier 2 ‘High Risk’ area, and to England Golf recommendations. Please read it carefully.
It is now important that our golf continues to show itself in a positive light with everyone adhering to the guidelines and government laws which have allowed the game to return in fourball format.
The clubhouse will be open from 8am daily for access to the toilets/hand-washing facilities, club/trolley storerooms and the Pro Shop but the locker rooms remain closed. The Spike Bar and Lounge will be open from 10am daily, with food being served from 11am (days and times may vary).
For essential ‘track and trace’ purposes and to enable proper spacing between groups and avoid congestion on the 1st and 13th tees:
- Advance booking on BRS is compulsory for all golfers in order to play a round of golf – whatever time of day, whether you are starting on the 1st or 13th tee, and even if you are not playing a full round; and
- Roll-ups are not permitted, neither are last-minute substitutions unless advised to the Pro Shop in advance.
Additionally, to help reduce unnecessary tee wastage, all tee bookings will be monitored by the Pro Shop and any ‘no shows’ identified. Therefore, all members must report to the Pro Shop before starting a round and register – whether starting your round from the 1st or 13th tee. Alternatively, one of the players in your group may report to the Pro Shop on the group’s behalf and register.
Here’s a reminder once again of the other key safety measures:
- Avoid sharing a car to come to the club, unless with a member of your own household;
- Observe social distancing rules at all times – before, during and after you round, around the clubhouse and in the car park;
- Avoid congregating around the atrium/Pro Shop area and use the one-way system in place in and around the clubhouse;
- Wash and/or sanitise your hands regularly;
- Wear a face covering in the clubhouse and the Pro Shop, even if only for a short visit;
- Following the protocols in place if using the Spike Bar or Lounge;
- Do not come to the club at all if you feel unwell; and
- Inform the club’s Secretary Manager as soon as possible if you test positive for coronavirus or display known symptoms of coronavirus.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding.
Chair of Golf
2nd December 2020