This information is provided for the benefit of visitors to the Club to avoid any uncertainty over dress code expectations. Society/group organisers – please ensure all your party are aware before they come to the Club.
We have a progressive approach to fashion and recognise changing trends in casual wear (for example allowing smart jeans in the Clubhouse), however clothing and footwear both on the Course and in the Clubhouse should be smart, clean, in good repair and of a type normally associated with a golf club such as Heswall.
The House Manager and Golf Professional will not admit or serve any person who in their opinion is not dressed appropriately.
ON THE COURSE
- Clothing and Footwear made specifically for the playing of Golf and of the type sold in the Professional’s Shop, which automatically comply with the ‘Dress Code’.
- Tailored trousers, shorts or skirts for Ladies.
- Tailored trousers or shorts for Men.
- Socks worn with shorts or skirts should be predominantly white or complementary to the outfit.
- Jeans, combat trousers and track/shell suits and the like may NOT be worn on the Course.
- Hats with peaks may be worn in the conventional way with peaks facing forward.
- Men’s shirts should have sleeves and collars (or roll necks) and be tucked into trousers.
- Ladies shirts may be worn with or without collars.
- Emblems should be limited to small golf logos
IN THE CLUBHOUSE
- Golfing attire and smart casual clothing may be worn throughout the Clubhouse with the exception of formal or official events. (For clarification, smart, single coloured jeans and denim wear are classified as ‘casual clothes’ and are considered more appropriate as daytime wear).
- In the upstairs Clubroom during any function, men should wear smart casual clothing or a jacket and tie, and ladies, the equivalent dress unless agreed otherwise in advance with the House Manager.
- Outdoor clothing, including waterproofs and hats, is to be removed before using the Spike Bar, Lounge or going up to the First Floor. A Cloakroom for use by attendees of Functions, offering hanging facilities for both Ladies’ and Men’s clothes, is located on the Ground Floor.
- Golf shoes should be cleaned before entering the Clubhouse – facilities are provided at all entrances. Spike shoes may be worn on the Terrace, in the Spike Bar, Changing Rooms, the Corridor linking the Spike Bar with the Men’s and Ladies’ Changing Rooms and that part of the Lounge linking the Spike Bar and the Terrace doorway.
- Clean ribbed and pimpled golf shoes may be worn throughout the Clubhouse in conjunction with golf wear as outlined above.